We the UOM Leos held the service project ‘heart beat’ with the intention of standing on the behalf of the people who needed the assistant most, as a two day program with multi steps, on 1st and 2nd of august 2017.
The program held on 1st of August contained,
- A leadership and motivational program which was done for the students in Shriputhra Maha Vidyalaya, Halvitigala with the assistance of Mr. Yasendra Abeygunawardhana
- A donation program held donating a set of tent sheets as a temporary solution to the damaged roof in school building under the name of ‘Shade for hope’.
- A flood research program which was carried out covering Thawalama area in order to measure the devastation happened from the recent flood
- An awareness campaign on diabetes in the same area.
On 2nd of August, there was two programs.
- A mathematics seminar for the students of Thawalama Vidyaraja National School who are going to sit G.C.E. O/L examination this year.
- A program which was held at Hiniduma hospital, Galle which donated mosquito nets to the hospital as effort of win over dengue.
As UoM LEOs we taught them to serve the mankind and also we show them how to stand hand in hand as a one family so they understand each other’s joys and pains.
All the phases conducted successfully and we could conclude the project with the satisfaction of doing another social service.